Skype and Zoom Lessons
Need inspiration for structuring your day in these days of distress and uncertainty? Apart from video workouts, going for a walk, talking to friends over the media, it is recommended to take an on-line course.
Many of my students have taken up the offer to switch their face-to-face lessons to skype or zoom and it works just the same as before, when we sat around the table. I offer online German lessons via Skype or zoom.
Does it work for brand new students, too? Of course! We have a preliminary chat before we start a lesson in earnest, to sort out the technicalities and materials for the lesson and very importantly get to know each other.
I have been using Skype for some time and am a Goethe Institute certified on-line media tutor, meaning I completed a training course with them.
Just in case you are not sure how to start, here goes:
- Download Skype https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/
- I will send you an invitation via Skype, using your e-mail address
- We agree a time for the call.
- Download Zoom https://zoom.us/download
- I will send you an invitation via my e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- The date and time will be stated on the e-mail
- You click on the link and we will see and speak to each other immediately.
- Go to Google Apps – Hangout
- I will send you and invitation, using your e-mail address
- We can have lessons with up to 9 participants at the same time
All these media applications are free for up to 2 persons at any one time, with Google Hangout up to nine.